Site Inactive

Poll Widget

Site Contributions

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Canasx

re: The Anime Thread

To, iggy, the ones I've seen from the list that I liked a lot are Trigun, Seirei no Moribito and Kino's Journey. I'd rate them in order...

1) Seirei no Moribito - It's an a very well done fantasy series that almost rivals one of my favorite anime and fantasy series of all time aka The Twelve Kingdoms. Like The Twelve Kingdoms, the original material is based off of popular fantasy light novels. I've always found that anime based off of light novels have usually more depth to it since it is based off of a book.

2) Trigun - I watched this on Adult Swim when I didn't know where to download anime so it was right around when I first started watching anime. I just love the main character Vash, he's a bit goofy at times but the anime will tell you why he does that later on.

3) Kino's Journey - I saw this a few years ago from the recommendation of Ryoko from Desync I believe. I liked it very much because it has depth and meaning for almost every episode. It kind of imparts on the watcher, philosophical life lessons. I'm interested in Philosophy and meaningful life lessons so that's why I liked it so much. It's also originally from a light novel, just found that out a minute or so ago. That's what I remember from it, but keep in mind, I watched this years ago.

The only one I recommend that I saw a couple episodes of but never completed is Mushishi. This is simply because it's very highly rated and acclaimed. However, like you said, it's episodic. The series is kind of like the X-Files, that's how someone else compared it to. Anyway the episodes are very well done, even if it's episodic.

One final thing, iggy, I probably will get my access to the forums revoked since I'm leaving Aion. But you can still talk to me if you catch me on Vent or on Anime-Planet. I added you as a friend on Anime-Planet. Anyway, I tell you this because I always love to talk to people who are as interested in anime as me or even more than me.

re: The Anime Thread

ill definitely give those a watch (probably kino's journey first since i can get through it pretty quickly)

sucks to lose an anime fan from the legion

i'll see you on A-P then

Page 6 of 6

Jump to: